Tuesday 22 March 2011

Just Looking. 12x17 Oils on Board.


Lovely Oast`s at Cherry Tree farm. Me and a dear Artist friend of mine found this lovely scene on one of our many sketching trips a few years ago. Bill was a lovely man and a brilliant Artist. At the time he worked for the ford motor company. I believe he drew and designed the cars for them. It was always a good feeling when I went with him sketching. He was such a brilliant landscape Artist, and I learnt a lot from him. It was so sad when he died. I went to visit him in Hospital at one time, and I asked the nurse where to find him and she told me, but I had a search for him but I had`to go back to the nurse to ask again. I had already spotted him but he looked so bad that i didn`t recognise him. I will never forget that particular time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vic, how sad. Just think how wonderful it is that you had the opportunity to paint with such a gifted artist. It shows in your work, this is a lovely painting. I am sure he would be very proud of you my friend. Thank you for sharing.

    All the best to you
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan.
    Thnk you my friend for your lovely comment. This Artist friend of mine, Bill, was a lovely person as well as a brilliant Artist. We did get on well, so I was very fortunite there. I have painted this subject before, and I did this one or completed it yesterday. Thanks again my friend, and all the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting especially the rooftops. I am struggling so with color right now and when I see such a great color, it makes me happy. So sorry about your friend but happy that you had your painting hours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerry.
    Thank you for your comment. Sorry that you are struggling with your colours at the moment. Just keep going and experimenting and you will get there, promise. Gerry, when I click on your name on your comment, there isn`t a link to your blog. I have noticed this in several comments. Nobody can see your paintings. All the best Jerry.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete